Credit Literacy Project Goals:
- Create smarter consumers in regards to personal credit through education, examples and case studies.
- Bring together experts from the credit, legal, lending, non-profit housing counseling and real estate industries to deliver information people can use to improve their lives.
- Raise awareness that credit should be taught in high school, vocational school and college.
- Educate would-be entrepreneurs about building personal credit to launch business credit
- Help people easily navigate the mortgage process
Patrick Ritchie, MLS, our primary content provider, is working hard to create the best content out there.
Patrick is the author of three books on credit:
The Credit Road Map, an in-depth look into how the credit world works. Currently being revised for a June 2015 release.
The Credit Road Map for the Self Employed, a look at establishing business credit for entrepreneurs, perfect for people thinking about buying a franchise, launch their own venture, or go out as an independent contractor to start building their dream. Coming October 2015.
The Credit Road Trip, dives into credit for young adults, focusing on college students. Based on 12 years of guest lecturing in real estate and personal finance classes at Arizona State University and the Ohio State University.
Patrick has spent 15 years as a lender reviewing thousands of credit reports to prepare clients for the underwriting of their loans. Realizing credit was a major obstacle for home buyers he wrote his first class about credit in 2001.
Some of his teaching and speaking includes:
- Guest finance speaker for the Ohio State University Fisher College of Business and Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business.
- Former instructor at Scottsdale Community College and guest speaker at Mesa Community College
- Approved instructor with the Arizona Department of Real Estate, Ohio Department of Real Estate.
- Senior GRI 201 finance instructor for the Arizona Association of REALTORS®.
- He has spoken at the National REALTOR® Conference and Expo, many state association functions and has written articles for REALTOR® Magazine.
- Guest speaker at the NeighborWorks Training Institute held in Phoenix, Arizona
- 8-hour Financial Recovery class for Neighborhood Housing Services of Phoenix (now Trellis)
- Internationally, Patrick has taught graduate exchange students from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) about the American banking and credit system at the Ohio State University.
Patrick earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the Ohio State University Fisher College of Business where he was an Evans Scholar. He earned a Master of Legal Studies from Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Patrick is certified by Westlaw in advanced legal research and holds a certification in the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Most of his work focuses on consumer credit, mortgage finance and the connection of law to personal finance.
Subscribe to updates here: [mc4wp_form]